Notary Public Service
NEED A "NOTARY"?
Notary Publics witness the signing of important documents and verify the signer's identity(s), their willingness to sign the documents, and their awareness of the contents of the documents or transaction.
Documents that often require notarizationare inclusive of but not limited to:
- Power of Attorney
- Medical documents
- Sworn statements
- Wills, and Trusts
CALL OR SCHEDULE TODAY
Basic information to get a Notary .....
The purpose of an acknowledgement is for an affiant, whose identity has been verified, to declare to a notary public that he or she has willingly signed a document, and their awareness of the contents of the document or transaction.
An acknowledgement requires the following;
- Signer must physically appear before the notary
- The notary must positively identify the signer according to the appropriate State rules.
- Signer may either sign the document before appearing before the notary, or in the presence of
- Signer must declare (acknowledge) signing the document for its intended purpose
The purpose of a jurat is for an affiant to swear to or affirm the truthfullness of the content of an affidavit. The notary public administers an oath or affirmation to the affiant, who verifies the truth listed in the affidavit under penalty of perjury.
A jurat requires the following:
- Signer must appear in person before the notary and sign the document in the notary's presence
- Some State require positively identifying the signer
- NotaryPublic must administer a spoken oath or an affirmation, and the signer must respond out loud. Silent answers sunc as nodding of the head are not acceptable.
Why notarize documents
Notarization has an impact on the contract as it converts private documents to a public instrument. Notarization also seeks to prevents fraud among legal documents and contracts.